Friday, August 14, 2009

Fourteen days and counting...

Two weeks from today I will be unpacking and setting up house for a year-long stay in Firenze, Italia (Florence, Italy for those who don't speak Italian). With so little time left to prepare, the reality of the situation has begun to hit me.

As I sit in the Chapel Hill Public Library trying to finish work from the last semester, I can only focus on what is in front of me. My books remain closed on the open table space surrounding my computer and my thoughts turn to the coming year.

When I leave, I will be leaving behind a wonderful boyfriend, great friends, and a very loving family. It will be a bittersweet departure to say the least!

The last time I lived in Florence, I needed to leave the United States to find myself, so to speak. After a year in Italy, I returned home knowing exactly who I was, what I wanted from life and just feeling beautiful.

This time however, I will leave here with no issues to resolve and no soul-searching to do. So I wonder what this next experience will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment